The Power of Community: Finding Supportive Online and Offline Language Friends

Over 20 years ago, I stumbled upon (to discover something by chance) a random invitation and decided to accept it.

It was an announcement to join a secular meditation session at the Friends Meeting House in Covent Garden, back when I lived in London.

That session, together with countless others since then - so many wonderful memories to treasure! - have been profoundly transformational in my understanding of the world, and have led me to where I am today, appreciating and enjoying life deeply, even while challenges might also be there, and helping expert professionals at advanced levels become more genuinely confident and fluent in English through my ongoing English training program, designed and created based on my own experience, both as an English language teacher to adults, and as a (Brazilian) Portuguese learner as well.

As an English language teacher, I interact every day with people from all walks of life (people who have many different jobs or positions in society), and as a mindfulness practitioner, I understand the paramount importance of community-building. Practising with local and international communities online and offline, as well as guiding live sessions for my Confident English Training community members, are an integral part of what I do.



Many expert professionals at advanced English levels are looking for more opportunities to connect with others and establish authentic friendships. My English training program is based on a holistic approach to language development, that is, an integrated language skills approach, which emphasises using all four skills together in realistic and meaningful contexts, rather than practising them in isolation. In this way, you develop fluency and communication skills that you can use in real-life situations, as you become more internally open to joining English-speaking communities that discuss topics of your own choice.

To find out more (and take the opportunity to discuss your English language journey and aspirations) book a complimentary call by selecting a day and time that suits you to have a real-life conversation. If you're serious about upgrading your English, I can help.

See you soon!



 

Comments

Popular posts

Discover the Benefits of Joining a Book Club in English

The MBA and the Eight Worldly Winds

La meditación - preguntas y respuestas