How to Learn English with a Holistic Approach


Do you ever take the path of least resistance?
I do. Always have.
The path of least resistance means doing what you need or want to do (even if it's difficult!), in a way that creates the least friction, so that you can enjoy it as well!
An example:
As a teenager, I knew I wanted to go to university, but I didn't want to study anything difficult, on the contrary, I wanted to study something easy 馃槄. So I chose English Literature, because I speak English already and I enjoy reading! This way, I got a university degree without creating a lot of stress for myself.
Another example:
I wanted to understand people better, and I thought that if I understood more, I wouldn't be so easily surprised or affected by others. So after obtaining a BA in English Literature, I took an MA in Psychoanalysis. This way, it's true that I had to make an effort to learn about psychoanalytic theory and its application in real life, but the result was a much deeper understanding of human behaviour, which is what I wanted. Studying Psychoanalysis, even when I knew I'd never be a therapist in the conventional sense, was worth the friction, and I enjoyed it very much.
Least resistance does not mean no resistance. Sometimes things are difficult, but we see the bigger picture, we have direction and motivation, and accepting a challenge is worth the effort when we know we'll benefit from the results.
Nowadays, as a teacher of English as a foreign language to adults, I'm bringing everything I've learnt together in a way that creates the least resistance again: how can I support my clients with their English using the path of least resistance?
By creating YouTube videos that are helpful and have a pragmatic, holistic approach to language learning: a little bit of this, a little bit of that, hopefully makes for a useful and entertaining video!
What do you think?
P.S. The calendar is full this week, but why not take a look at some of my clients' testimonials here

And if you relate to them at all, book a call for next week to find out more about my English training program 馃ぉ here.

Speak soon!

Comments

Popular posts

Discover the Benefits of Joining a Book Club in English

The MBA and the Eight Worldly Winds

La meditaci贸n - preguntas y respuestas