Top 5 Changes

(Pre-Intermediate and above - second conditionals and comparatives)


If I started thinking about all the changes I've gone through in my life, the list would simply never end. From the moment of birth until our very last breath (and no doubt, beyond birth and death as well), each one of us is part of a dynamic, evolving, unstable world, in which nothing ever remains the same. Of course, we'd like it to stay the same. Especially when things are going well. And we suffer when they change, because we somehow believe that they won't, even when all the evidence points towards impermanence. On the physical level, our cells are constantly renovating themselves and our bodies are changing right before our eyes. Every day we learn something new, make new connections, have revelations, analyse situations, create intentions. Our opinions change too, sometimes drastically. As do our emotions and thoughts.

If someone asked me what the Top 5 Changes in my life over the last few years have been, I would have to say after careful deliberation, that:

5) I'm more mindful of what I consume.

4) I'm more efficient, organised, able to concentrate, get things done.

3) I enjoy the simple things much more.

2) I feel lighter, calmer and more joyful.

1) I'm more accepting, understanding, more patient, more willing to be kind and to listen.

These changes are a direct result of my returning to the practice of mindful meditation, which is a portal or a doorway, available at all times, through which I return to the "Island Within Myself", where I can see clearly and feel safe.





Now it's your turn. Please take a few minutes to reflect on your own life and post a comment below.

What changes have taken place in your life over the last few years?
Do you feel these changes are for the better? Why/why not?


Comments

Popular posts

Discover the Benefits of Joining a Book Club in English

The MBA and the Eight Worldly Winds

La meditación - preguntas y respuestas