The Joy of Correcting Misperceptions

 

When you know exactly what to do and how to do it, the accomplishment and success of any task, plan or project is practically guaranteed even before taking the first step.


Let me give you a real-life example: over the last couple of years, I've gained a few stubborn pounds around the waist. It has taken a lot of effort and discipline to keep the weight gain in check, but the scales continue to show a number above the ideal mark, no matter how much I exercise and consume mainly healthy, wholesome food.


In the meantime, I've heard of fasting (that is, abstaining from consuming food) as a way of losing weight, particularly intermittent fasting for women my age, and many spiritual teachings also talk about the benefits of this practice, but for me, up until now, it simply hasn't been an option. I don't enjoy feeling hungry. Can you relate?


The problem is that I didn't understand what "intermittent fasting" means. I had the idea that it means not eating at all for days or even weeks. This was unappealing to me, so I rejected it. It wasn't until I understood its meaning (in other words, what it really is and how to do it) that I was able to correct my perception and decide to implement a simple intermittent fasting plan. It's so easy! Now I'm very excited about it and I know it will work, because I'm still eating and enjoying food the way I did before, and I'm also giving my body the opportunity to burn fat more effectively.


This same kind of misperception might be true for you when you hear or think about words like "independent learning" or even "independent studying". You might think of these terms as activities that are confusing, boring or difficult. If this is the case, you could be rejecting a simple and effective way of truly becoming confident and fluent in English. A way that involves minimal effort and can include a great deal of enjoyment.


Is this you? Are you ready to adjust your perception of what it means to be an independent learner within a program that provides you with all the support you need and more?

Let's speak about you and your English aspirations. Let's be open to shifting our perception and making it happen together.


See you on Zoom!


#effectiveEnglishlearning #mindfuleEnglishlearning #teachertanyameyer

Comments

Popular posts

Discover the Benefits of Joining a Book Club in English

The MBA and the Eight Worldly Winds

La meditación - preguntas y respuestas