Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained


 I was recently asked again whether I record any guided meditations for my YouTube channel, and I said no because I had not uploaded any guided meditations up to now, for two main reasons.

The first is that I'm an English language teacher to adults whose program incorporates mindfulness practices, and so the YouTube channel is focused on English skills development, although many are indeed imbued with mindfulness-inspired content.

The second is that there are long periods of stillness and silence when we practise! The purpose of mindfulness is to withdraw our attention from where we tend to send it by default, that is, to the outside world, and invite it to observe our inner world: How are we doing within ourselves in the present moment?

Having said this, guided meditations are what you are requesting, and so, by popular demand, this week's video is a short guided meditation on mental health. It can get quite stressful and hectic at this time of year, so I hope this video helps you regain balance and get in touch with wholesome aspirations. Watch it here.

Remember that if you are an expert professional at more advanced levels but feel stuck, frustrated or anxious whenever you use English in real-life situations, my program helps you improve the way you learn by encouraging a more holistic approach together with a clear path towards creative and personalised continuous English language development and use. Ready to get started? Comment "Where do I sign up?" below and I'll send you the link. It's as easy as that.


Comments

Popular posts

Discover the Benefits of Joining a Book Club in English

The MBA and the Eight Worldly Winds

La meditación - preguntas y respuestas