From Seed to Forest: 100 Videos to Cover All Your English Needs



Celebrating 100 videos on YouTube!


That's something, isn't it?


I love YouTube. It replaced regular TV over 16 years ago, when I moved to Mexico from the UK and was able to access my favourite English programmes.

Although I created my own channel in 2013, it wasn't until 7 years later that I started uploading videos consistently, with content aimed mainly at Spanish-speaking expert professionals and users of English as a foreign language at advanced levels, who have already learnt English for years in conventional ways and would like a more inclusive approach to language skills development that can be integrated more seamlessly into everyday life without requiring extra time for formal lessons. In other words, through a program that helps to bridge the gap between theory (classroom or learning settings) and practice (day-to-day life).

Compared to creators with millions or even hundreds of thousands of subscribers, my channel's stats are still modest: 1.77k subscribers and over 5.6k views on my most popular video. But what motivates me to continue uploading has nothing to do with becoming a trendy "YouTuber".

I create videos because I see the potential, through YouTube, to reach the people I'm able to help with my English language skills development program and the holistic approach it offers, which combines all four language skills and integrates mindfulness practices that go beyond the intellectual, thinking mind, for deeper and more effective language acquisition and use. This approach emphasises using the skills together in realistic and meaningful contexts, rather than practising them in isolation. Confidence, fluency and communications skills that transfer more easily to real-life situations are developed as a result.

Are YOU a YouTube fan?

If English is a second language for you, have you watched any of my videos? I'd love to hear your ideas and comments!

And if you're an English teacher or language professional, have you shared my content with your students yet?

youtube.com/TeacherTanyaMeyer

See you there!


Comments

Popular posts

Discover the Benefits of Joining a Book Club in English

The MBA and the Eight Worldly Winds

La meditación - preguntas y respuestas